NS 8100 Nickel Plate Route

Started by jad742, December 12, 2016, 09:24:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jad742

December 12, 2016, 09:24:58 am Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:38:32 pm by system
Thanks for the heads up on this one as always.   We were out and about and without camera (i forgot) except for the cell  phones.  The attached still was taken by my wife Nancy.   We were on our way back from Riverside county and decided to stop in Niland for breakfast.  Niland is where a wye is, trains can continue on the Sunset or head down to the border through El Centro.  8100 was a Z and moving pretty quick so we decided to hang out in Niland and try and catch her there.  We weren't the only ones and we got to meet some CA train fans.  I monitor the dispatchers and we even got their attention.  Evidently some civilian reported us as being near the tracks.  We ere actually a safe distance away and the engineers didn't seem to mind.  Here is a link to the video...   

https://youtu.be/oMJ4jVS_US8

It is less than 3 minutes.  NS 8100 was westbound and we heard another train east and they met in front of us which you can kinda sorta see on the video.

RailFan Arizona

RailFan Arizona

Quote from: jad742 on December 12, 2016, 09:24:58 am
Thanks for the heads up on this one as always. 

Glad you got it, sorry I lost reception in Yuma that day to give more updates.

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!