Find us on:
Find us on YouTube - RailFan Arizona
avatar_Jeff

UP Rated #1 Worst Company, now they want 1 Person Crews

Started by Jeff, January 19, 2020, 02:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jeff

Rated #1 on MoneyInc's 2019 worst companies to work for. 

https://www.columbian.com/news/2020/jan/18/railroads-pursue-1-person-crews/

This is sad if they think Technology will be the cure all for trains moving along the rails!
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Christi

Quote"Technology, in the form of positive train control, does a lot of the work — virtually all of the work — that a conductor does sitting in the cab," said Union Pacific CEO Lance Fritz.
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

magicpoohbear

Quote from: Christi on January 19, 2020, 02:46:46 pm
Quote"Technology, in the form of positive train control, does a lot of the work — virtually all of the work — that a conductor does sitting in the cab," said Union Pacific CEO Lance Fritz.
How can PTC fix a broken knuckle on a 10,000 foot train? That what some people don't think about.

Christi

Quote from: magicpoohbear on September 04, 2021, 08:50:55 pmHow can PTC fix a broken knuckle on a 10,000 foot train? That what some people don't think about.

Agreed.
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Right now a Bad Order set out is being done at Belen off FP8.  1 person? Impossible.

Christi

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on September 05, 2021, 02:28:17 pmRight now a Bad Order set out is being done at Belen off FP8.  1 person? Impossible.


Definitely impossible.  Train Crews have a lot of hard work to deal with, it is not just riding in a locomotive.
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022
Powered by EzPortal