Catching the Arizona California Railroad.

Started by MallardDuckAZ, June 30, 2020, 06:01:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardDuckAZ

I want to try going out to catch the ARZC both in Wickenburg or at the BNSF interchange point south of there of Friday. Does anyone know if the train will actually run on July 3rd and when I should try to be out there by to catch them?

Jeff

June 30, 2020, 10:15:41 pm #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:17:29 pm by Jeff
I am not sure of the operations, however,@tferk may have more information about their movements.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager:
- BNSF Needles, Seligman Subs (Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff and Winslow).
- UP Eastern Yuma, Gila, Phoenix, and Western Lordsburg Subs (Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Casa Grande, Mesa and South Tucson).

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager:
- BNSF Needles, Seligman Subs (Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff and Winslow).
- UP Eastern Yuma, Gila, Phoenix, and Western Lordsburg Subs (Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Casa Grande, Mesa and South Tucson).

Keith Bear

I live in Salome and the ARZC usually goes through here around 3:00amif you have a scanner (160.355) you can hear them OS Salome, Wenden and Love. You can follow the train on SR 60 from Parker to Love and then again at Aguila. If your luck you may see a meet at Aguila with a BNSF train. From Aguila to Matthie I don't hear any radio traffic. At Matthie BNSF DS13 issues a track warrant from the  Matthie Wye to Castle Hot Springs. It's now 3:05 and I just heard ARZC 3998 East near Salome.

A large switching area is in Utting. Red Rose Acres and Fondmonte farms have large facilities there. Red Rose receives feed in covered hoppers and Fondmonte has a COFC facility. Trailers with Alpha are trucked to Utting and then placed on bare tables and then railed to CA. Both ARZC and BNSF service both these facilities. There is no scheduled day or time for these moves you just have to lucky.
I hope this helps.
Keith

Keith Bear

I forgot to mention the ARZC schedule. Usually Mon -Fri and sometimes on Sat. There has also been an increase of BNSF trains usually early morning heading west. When on ARZC track they identify them selves as BNSF (Engine Number) West.
Keith

MallardDuckAZ

@Keith Bear

What time does the train pass through Salome going west usually and what time would you estimate they would get to Morristown for the interchange with BNSF?

Also when do those facilities in Utting get switched approximately?

One more question. Is there anywhere I can listen to the radio frequencies used by the ARZC from my phone or computer? I don't own a scanner and so far I have to use my phone and listen to the online ones I find.

Keith Bear

On the ARZC west is toward Parker and east is toward Matthie. ARZC is in Salome approximately 3:00am, Aguila approximately 1 hour and approximately 1 hour to Matthie. I have the Times ARZC gets it Track Warrent at Matthie but don't hear anything when they arrive at CHS's. It's about 15 miles from Matthie to CHS's. The next time I hear ARZC is when their at the switch at Matthie.
As far as Utting there is no scheduled day or time. If I see a BNSF with a lot of hoppers or COFC's I'll take my chances and go to Utting, but even that is hit and miss.
I'm sure there is no radio link to ARZC, but the Phoenix Sub may have one. Their road channel is 161.370 and covers from Williams Junction to Phoenix.
Neither ARZC or BNSF on the Phoenix Sub have scheduled trains.
Hope this helps ....
Keith

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!