ArizonaRails's Train Captures Throughout The UP and BNSF Lines of Arizona

Started by ArizonaRails, August 19, 2020, 09:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaRails

One thing that I thought I'd never see down here on the Union Pacific Chandler Industrial Lead is 2 locomotives and some grain hopper cars from the CMEX factory in Downtown Chandler, Arizona. Well this afternoon it happened. Here's UP GP60's 1120 and 1152 with today's Chandler Local departing from the Ocotillo Lumber Facility at MP 934.10, on its way back up north to Mesa, Arizona. -AZRailsUP1120UP1152CHANDLERAZ.jpg
Railfanning the UP and BNSF Mainlines Of Arizona Since 2013

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager for RailFanAZ.com Sites:
- BNSF: Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Casa Grande, Mesa and South Tucson.
- BNSF/UP: Daggett, Phelan.

Roger

Sweet Catch!!!!  For the many years that I lived next to that line, never saw anything like that!

Christi

Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
- BNSF: Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.

ArizonaRails

ArizonaRails

Quote from: Roger on August 20, 2020, 07:42:18 amSweet Catch!!!!  For the many years that I lived next to that line, never saw anything like that!
Until yesterday, me neither, Roger. Usually they pick up those CMEX grain cars after doing their lumber duties at 84 Lumber on some days. -AZRails

ArizonaRails

ArizonaRails

On the afternoon of Saturday, May 23, 2020, I was up in Northern Arizona to enjoy some of the train action along the BNSF Seligman Subdivison. Here's BNSF ES44C4 #7998 leading a westbound 16K stack train (don't know for sure though) past Riordan, 6 miles west of Flagstaff. -AZRails
BNSF7998RIORDANAZ.jpg 

Cautious Coin

What road do you take to get there AZRails?! I always wanted to go to that place!
Gage or better know as Cautious Coin
Railfanning all over AZ and where my travels take me.

ArizonaRails

Quote from: Cautious Coin on August 20, 2020, 05:28:30 pmWhat road do you take to get there AZRails?! I always wanted to go to that place!
From Flagstaff, travel south on S. Milton Road. Turn right on Route 66/Business I-40 (where the Barnes and Noble Bookstore is) and turn right on W. Naval Observatory Road. Right after the overpass with I-40, there's a dirt road that pops up. Turn left on that, and you'll reach the location of CP Riordan. If you continue on that same dirt road, you'll get to the location of the Arizona Divide. I hoped that helped you out, CC! -AZRails

Jeff

@ArizonaRails, isn't it Turn Right after the overpass?  Maybe we missed it last time.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

Quote from: Jeff on August 20, 2020, 07:55:23 pm@ArizonaRails, isn't it Turn Right after the overpass?  Maybe we missed it last time.
I thought it was left. -AZRails

ArizonaRails

Went down to Union Pacific's Phoenix Yard yesterday afternoon and captured this photo from the 16th Street bridge near Downtown Phoenix. It's hard to tell, but in the top left part of the photo, you can actually see UP GP40-2 #1407, the locomotive that caught on fire in the derailment that lead to a fire back in June near Union Station. -AZRails
UPMOBESTYARDPHOENIXAZ.jpg

Jeff

Nice Photo - Current Status of the GP-40 is Stored - Not Serviceable.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

The Chandler Industrial Lead is back to just one engine like it usually should be. Here's yesterday afternoon's (8-24-2020) Chandler Local just beginning it's return trip back up north to Mesa. The one thing that stands out on 1152 is the UP shield on the back of the locomotive. Maybe at one point it was an SP patched unit before being repainted into UP colors? I don't know for sure. -AZRails
UP1152CHANDLERAZ.jpg

Jeff

Yup, back to normal.  According to my Excel sheet, I have SSW 9640 then UP 1942 and now UP 1152
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

Wow, I had a feeling it was a Cotton Belt at one time, Jeff. Maybe that's one reason behind the UP shield on the back!  ;)  -AZRails

Jeff

Quote from: ArizonaRails on August 25, 2020, 08:43:56 pmWow, I had a feeling it was a Cotton Belt at one time, Jeff. Maybe that's one reason behind the UP shield on the back!  ;)  -AZRails

To cover up the SSW 9640 when it was a SPatch.  When they repainted it, they left the SPatch there.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

Hey Austyn! There might be an inbound train coming in, don't know for sure yet. Did you get that report from Coolidge not too long ago?
-AZRails 

austyn3590

Yeah it just passed Coolidge but it has to meet an Outbound UP 8091 at Germann.

austyn3590

ArizonaRails

Are you going out to see it? Because I'm gonna go see it too. -AZRails

austyn3590

Yeah

ArizonaRails

ArizonaRails

Earlier tonight, I caught UP MTUPX-28, the inbound manifest train from Tucson, with UP SD70Ace #8560 leading it. Here it is by Veteran's Park in Downtown Gilbert, just a little after 6:30 PM MST. I got a notification for it when it was at Coolidge just after 5:30 PM MST, and headed out trackside to see it. I saw it alongside austyn3590, aka Arizona Railfanner on Youtube. It was great getting to meet ya tonight, Austyn! Hopefully we'll meet up again sometime again soon when it starts getting cooler outside! -AZRails

UP8560GILBERTAZ.jpg

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!