ArizonaRails's Train Captures Throughout The UP and BNSF Lines of Arizona

Started by ArizonaRails, August 19, 2020, 09:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaRails

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, I went up to Flagstaff to spend an afternoon on the BNSF Seligman Subdivision. Overall, I saw 16 trains, photographed 12 of them. 4 of them I saw in passing, so I couldn't get photos of them. The highlight of the afternoon was a gravel train heading west to Northern California, most likely, don't know for sure. What really helped was the notifications of each of the trains that were about to roll through. :D (Part 1 of 2)  -AZRails

BNSF3849FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF5047FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF6190FLAGSTAFFAZ-2.jpg

BNSF6190FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF6284FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF6369FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF6788FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg

BNSF7215FLAGSTAFFAZ.jpg
Railfanning the UP and BNSF Mainlines Of Arizona Since 2013

ArizonaRails

ArizonaRails

All of these were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T1i. Even though it's an older camera, the photos turn out truly wonderful on it! :)

Cautious Coin

That Gravel train you saw was actually ballast heading to the new Truxton Flyover.
Gage or better know as Cautious Coin
Railfanning all over AZ and where my travels take me.

Jeff

Very Nice Series!  Makes me want to go up there to Railfan and not do any ATCS work!  lol
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager for RailFanAZ.com Sites:
- BNSF: Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Casa Grande, Mesa and South Tucson.
- BNSF/UP: Daggett, Phelan.

ArizonaRails

Quote from: Jeff on September 01, 2020, 08:22:15 amVery Nice Series!  Makes me want to go up there to Railfan and not do any ATCS work!  lol
Thanks, Jeff! -AZRails

ArizonaRails

Here are today's captures from my outing on the Union Pacific Sunset Route this afternoon into the evening. (9-7-2020) Enjoy these photos from between Enid and Picacho, including a photo of UP ZAILC-06 with NS 3664 leading. Thanks again for the heads up, Jeff and Christi earlier today! -AZRails

NS3664PICACHOAZ.jpg

UP7639ELOYAZ.jpg

UP7639ELOYAZ-2.jpg

UP6729MOBILEAZ.jpg

UP6455MARICOPAAZ.jpg

Christi

Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
- BNSF: Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.

ArizonaRails

Went out trackside on Union Pacific's Phoenix Subdivision on the evening of 10-2-2020 and 10-4-2020. In all, I saw 2 inbounds, and 1 outbound for a total of 3 overall both nights! Not too bad at all! These 2 were my favorite photos I took of the 2. The last one, UP 6549 West (IKCPX-02) didn't turn out well to put in here. :( No matter what, I hope you like these 2 photos  :)! -AZRails

UP8887GILBERTAZ.jpg

UP7488GILBERTAZ.jpg

Jeff

Not bad for evening/low light shots! There will be more traffic within the next month as Autos and Grain pick up along the Phoenix Sub. Thanks for Sharing.

Edit: I almost thought you got UP Crazy Eights!   Only have seen that unit 2 times since we started railfanning 15 years ago!
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

On Saturday, October 10, 2020, and again on Monday, October 12, 2020, I went out trackside on Union Pacific's Sunset Route. On Saturday afternoon, I went down to the Tucson area, and Monday afternoon went out to Red Rock after a chase of MPXTU-12 with CN 3846 leading it. Thanks again for letting me know about this coming through, Austyn! Here are the photos from both days I was out there! -AZRails

UP6015TUCSONAZ.jpg

UP9055VAILAZ.jpg

UP5552TUCSONAZ.jpg

CN3846REDROCKAZ.jpg

Cautious Coin

The reason the CN lead because the Gevo leading the train (MHNPX) had a TERRIBLE time getting up Steins hill, so they decided to plop the CN in the front
Gage or better know as Cautious Coin
Railfanning all over AZ and where my travels take me.

Jeff

Quote from: Cautious Coin on October 13, 2020, 01:36:52 pmThe reason the CN lead because the Gevo leading the train (MHNPX) had a TERRIBLE time getting up Steins hill, so they decided to plop the CN in the front

It is called the "Trip Optimizer" that was going crazy..
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Christi

Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ArizonaRails

On both Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17, I went out trackside to both Union Pacific's and BNSF's Phoenix Sub! The highlight on the UP line was the NS led MPXTU-17 rolling through, and on the BNSF line was seeing BNSF 5869, one of the 10 25th Anniversary locomotives. Enjoy these photos I took from both days! -AZRails

10-16-2020
UP2749GILBERTAZ.jpg

BNSF5869-25THANNIVERSARYHU-PHOENIXAZ.jpg

BNSF1673PHOENIXAZ.jpg

BNSF6140PEORIAAZ.jpg

10-17-2020
NS9863GILBERTAZ.jpg

BNSF2866PHOENIXAZ.jpg

UP6879PHOENIXAZ.jpg

ArizonaRails

Today (10-24-2020) was a truly wonderful day to be out trackside on the Sunset Route between Casa Grande and Red Rock! -AZRails

UP5518CASAGRANDEAZ.jpg

UP4205REDROCKAZ.jpg

UP7765CASAGRANDEAZ.jpg

Jeff

Nice AZRails!  We got UP5518 and UP4205 at Casa Grande.  Only two we got today.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!