UP Lordsburg for Trainmon

Started by AZrailfan, November 11, 2020, 11:14:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AZrailfan

Hello

I was wondering if there are plans to convert the UP lordsburg sub to Trainmon 5?

Thanks
Cayden

j3rsdm5

November 11, 2020, 11:19:40 am #1 Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:19:48 am by j3rsdm5
Yes!  ;D
Enjoy:

AZrailfan

Thank you very much!

Cayden

Jeff

Ah Yes, forgot I need to create a new relay since I had to move Vail and Portal along with Kevin's feeds last month.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager for RailFanAZ.com Sites:
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Casa Grande, Mesa, Kolb, and Vail.
- BNSF/UP: Daggett, Phelan.

Jeff

I will create it now @j3rsdm5 and let you know to update it.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow and Joseph City.

j3rsdm5

Updated version with new relay, thanks Jeff!

Jeff

You are welcome.  One note:  Vanar, Cavot and Steins all went to the new SD9 Protocol and no longer can be monitored.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Cautious Coin

YAY! Thank you so much for this!
Gage or better know as Cautious Coin
Railfanning all over AZ and where my travels take me.

AZrailfan

November 23, 2020, 02:56:08 pm #8 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:56:37 pm by AZrailfan
Hello

So is there no way to ever monitor the new SD9 protocol? Or is it too new to currently do it now?

Thanks
Cayden

Jeff

Quote from: AZrailfan on November 23, 2020, 02:56:08 pmHello

So is there no way to ever monitor the new SD9 protocol? Or is it too new to currently do it now?

Thanks
Cayden

Yes it can be monitored, however we need more sites now because of the nature of the new transmission.  It now needs a special modem and be within 30 miles of the control points.  If you know anyone near the tracks that we need to fill in the GAPS, let us know.  We can get the equipment to make it happen.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

AZrailfan

Yes it can be monitored, however we need more sites now because of the nature of the new transmission.  It now needs a special modem and be within 30 miles of the control points.  If you know anyone near the tracks that we need to fill in the GAPS, let us know.  We can get the equipment to make it happen.
[/quote]

Oh wow, thanks for the information! I was getting worried about that because I thought soon the Lordsburg sub was gonna be completely impossible to monitor. I think they just switched S1050 Tully to the new protocol, it hasn't been online in a couple days and me and a friend saw them putting up the new signals and replacing the classic SP signals. I also wish I could find someone in Willcox area so we could see that big portion have a little activity!

Thanks
Cayden

Jeff

Yes, as UP is replacing all the Tri-Lights, they are also replacing the Control Points which will use the new protocol.  Tully was just recently and more on the way.  Should be done by the end of the year.

We have looked in Wilcox as well.  If you find anyone, let us know.  Even maybe a train themed restaurant.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

AZrailfan

Have you guys tried that one restaurant with the train car that's right next to the tracks?

Jeff

Quote from: AZrailfan on November 24, 2020, 05:44:24 amHave you guys tried that one restaurant with the train car that's right next to the tracks?

Yup.  Never got a response from them.  But I will send another email this morning to see if anything comes backs.  Maybe it got missed.  ;-)
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

South Line DS

Hi Jeff - about 10 years ago I had a NMR amplifier that needed repair. The authorized shop was in Wilcox so I just drove it there rather than ship it. The shop was facing the tracks on the north side maybe 3 - 4 blocks west of the grade crossing. This guy had a 30 foot mast and could hear pretty much everything between Dragoon and Steins. If he is still there he might have everything set up already. I'll try to find him in my archived university emails. If I find his name I'll try to send it to you privately.

Dennis Johnson, Las Cruces, NM

South Line DS

I found it, and he seems to still be there. I don't see a way to send a private message.

Dennis

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!