Comments or Feedback (Lone Pine Sub / Fleta Siding)

Started by Christi, April 08, 2021, 10:51:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Christi

April 08, 2021, 10:51:58 pm Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:59:50 pm by Christi
Group,
How does this look for adding the Lone Pine Sub and Fleta Siding.  @Richard Hunn @Central Valley Railfan @saneone @Steve Huffman

Christi

Central Valley Railfan

I think it looks good!! You could also add the "dark" siding between CP SP 404 and CP SP 406 (North Lancaster to South Lancaster) which is where the Mojave local (LOP53) works off of. They take the main line out there and do their work off the "dark" siding.

Richard Hunn

I agree with CVR, hadn't even considered the Blitz siding, be a good idea

Christi

Thanks @Central Valley Railfan and @Richard Hunn - On the Blitz Siding, I will look it up on Google Maps and get it added before the release.  :)

Christi

Richard Hunn

They use the switch South of your indication for setouts (down toward the Metrolink station) but Yes that's the general area. In the Google view you';; see a tank car sitting on the setout track. That track is dark ie non-bonded not visible to ATCS.

Christi

Lone Pine Sub / Fleta and Blitz Siding showing in Screenshot.

Central Valley Railfan

Richard Hunn

I would tie the Lone Pine into the mainline, makes so sense as shown because when the Local comes off the Pine the DS protects the move and the main is shown as OOS Occupied. Tieing the Pine would explain that indication, Just as suggestion.

Christi

Quote from: Richard Hunn on April 11, 2021, 10:43:43 amI would tie the Lone Pine into the mainline, makes so sense as shown because when the Local comes off the Pine the DS protects the move and the main is shown as OOS Occupied. Tieing the Pine would explain that indication, Just as suggestion.

I will try at add a switch, there is no code for the switch, but as you mentioned, there is the OOS which is coded in.  :)

Richard Hunn

Thank you Cristi, as I said it explains why there is an occupied OOS at Mojave quite often

Christi

You are welcome @Richard Hunn - Question, does anyone know what the main YouTube page is for TLTC?  For some reason I can't find it.  TIA

Central Valley Railfan

Tehachapi Live Train Cams on YouTube. Just type that in and they should pop up.

Christi

Christi

April 11, 2021, 06:55:48 pm #15 Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 06:56:15 pm by Christi
How does this look for release?
Notice the added BNSF Stations from the Mojave Sub.  (Remember to click the image to expand it).

Central Valley Railfan

I think having the BNSF add-ons make the layout itself a bit much. Maybe cut it off at that 813.0 detector and leave Sanborn and Bissell on the BNSF Mojave Sub layout, or just have Sanborn and leave Bissell out. Just my opinion. Other than that, I think it looks really nice.

Christi

Quote from: Central Valley Railfan on April 11, 2021, 07:04:50 pmI think having the BNSF add-ons make the layout itself a bit much. Maybe cut it off at that 813.0 detector and leave Sanborn and Bissell on the BNSF Mojave Sub layout, or just have Sanborn and leave Bissell out. Just my opinion. Other than that, I think it looks really nice.

Yeah, I am trying to remember why I noted that, it was some recent feedback to have a little of BNSF Mojave Sub to see the trains coming onto UP.

Christi

Richard Hunn

No, you need more than Sanborn, I'd go out to either Bissell or Edwards

Christi

Richard Hunn

Cristi,
You still aren't showing the Lone Pine connection and Mojave is all wrong. The yard is South of the connection and several
tracks wide plus there's a wye to Creal. Past the South end of the yard is the BNSF connection which enters on a sweeping
curve and two miles further South is Fleta. As drawn it just doesn't look like Mojave and the layout should at least resemble
the prototype
Rich

Christi

Looking at Google Earth, it does not look like the Pine Sub connects to the yard and it is right before the Signals at 380, (As it shows via the ATCS Layout).  Is Google Earth Wrong? Also, if I add a switch that is not controlled by Dispatch, then it will never show occupancy nor the switch being aligned to Pine Sub.  To add the BNSF Mojave Sub, I had to move the other tracks down on the UP..  Hope that makes sense.

Christi

This is the only layout we didn't have screenshots what the DS sees nor did we have a Time Table to go off of.  :(

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!