KCS SD70MAc/EMDX Banana on BNSF (KCS Interchange) Military Special!

Started by AlamoRailfan, May 14, 2021, 01:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlamoRailfan

KCS3925 with EMDX7204 (Yellow/White) are engines for the BNSF UALTBAR1 13M (KCS DCSAL-10 from Camp Shelby, MS to Alliance, TX) heading to Barstow, CA. The train is currently at Grier, located west of Clovis, NM. It should be passing Belen overnight, and hopefully Flagstaff in the daylight hours. Happy hunting!  :)

- Alamo Railfan

AlamoRailfan

Update as of 20:20 MDT,
The train departed Carnero, NM, located 10 miles west of Vaughn. Should arrive Belen around the midnight hour or a little bit after. Happy hunting!  :)

- Alamo Railfan

B_Rail_Productions

I was really hoping to catch this train does anyone know its current location and will it be in Seligman today?

Thanks

AlamoRailfan

As of 08:25 CT, train is at CP Arntz, 10 miles east of Holbrook.

B_Rail_Productions

AlamoRailfan

Update as of 08:00 MDT,
The consist stays the same for the first two (KCS and EMDX), however a BNSF ES44AC was added third LHF in the consist somewhere between Amarillo and Belen. It is currently at Winslow performing a crew change before advancing west. Happy hunting!  :)

-Alamo Railfan

AlamoRailfan

Update as of 12:45PM MDT,
The train has finally left Winslow due to M1 being out of service causing Main 2 being bi-directional. Furthermore, lots of Eastbound priority trains caused the delay to a few trains heading westbound. The military will pass no later than 2:30PM MDT.

B_Rail_Productions

Will it make it to Barstow before dark with all this traffic on M1 being low priority?

Thanks

AlamoRailfan

I honestly don't think it will be able to get to Barstow in the daylight hours. I expect it to arrive very early tomorrow morning. It managed to stay sitting at Winslow for about 2-3 hours more than normal. It is picking up speed and is moving behind a Z, so hopefully that will give it some wiggle room to improve speed. Train nearing Canyon Diablo as of 13:25 MDT.

B_Rail_Productions

Thanks for all your help I was really hoping to catch it today I am currently sitting in Cadiz. I was debating on heading towards Flagstaff but it is 300 miles from my location.

AlamoRailfan

California_Railfanner

Forgot to post, passed Cosnino (MP 333) at 14:19 (2:19pm)

AlamoRailfan

Glad you were able to get it! Train is at Franconia, 20 miles east of Needles. Looking like it will arrive Barstow around 4-6AM.

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!