Important Train Monitoring Notice

Started by Jeff, May 26, 2021, 07:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Group,
After troubleshooting, we figured out that the TM5 Relay Server and the Website can't be on the same server. So I need to get a new server to break them apart.  The website has grown so much (as some users don't use or want to use FB) that we have more traffic on the Web Site and the Web Site is taking priority over the Worker Processors.

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thanks for the chat at Belen and all the efforts of those at Railfanaz. 

Jeff

You are welcome Bruce.    :)

Jeff

Jeff

Estimated to resolve connection issues by tomorrow when FedEx drops off the new server and we get it installed.
Thanks Everyone for your understanding.  Sorry about the troubles.

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thanks Jeff, sorry you had to take on the additional workload.

P.S. I'm unable to locate the info about the Winslow switch issue.  I always check Recent Topics first, the look at the various boards dates of last post as a crosscheck.  I'm sure I'm overlooking it.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on May 27, 2021, 11:51:13 amThanks Jeff, sorry you had to take on the additional workload.

No Worries Bruce, we are just trying to give to the RailFan community the service to enjoy the hobby.

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on May 27, 2021, 11:51:13 amP.S. I'm unable to locate the info about the Winslow switch issue.  I always check Recent Topics first, the look at the various boards dates of last post as a crosscheck.  I'm sure I'm overlooking it.

Ah Sorry, it was on the Winslow Audio-feed this morning, I forgot to post it when I was listening.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Got it, thanks for clarifying.  I listen to stock market reports during the morning so I don't listen to the railroad feeds. Maybe I'd make more money the other way around. $$

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on May 27, 2021, 12:21:47 pmGot it, thanks for clarifying.  I listen to stock market reports during the morning so I don't listen to the railroad feeds. Maybe I'd make more money the other way around. $$

You are welcome.  The good ol Stock Market.     ;)

Jeff

Good News!  We got the equipment early.  Will try to update tonight.

Jeff

Jeff

Hello All,
The Relays hosted by RailFanAZ.com will be offline tonight starting at 7 PM AZT and will be back up by 12:00 AM AZT for required maintenance.

This affects the following layouts:

•   BNSF Cajon Needles Seligman and Gallup Subdivisions
•   BNSF Cajon Subdivision
•   BNSF Mojave Subdivision
•   BNSF Needles Subdivision
•   BNSF Seligman Subdivision
•   BNSF Gallup Subdivision
•   UP Gila Wide ATCS
•   UP Mojave Subdivision
•   UP Lordsburg Subdivision

---
Jeff Rossi

Jeff

The Relays are off while we go through the hardware upgrade mentioned above.

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Well wishes for an easy install.

Jeff

Thanks Bruce.  So far, going smoothly.  :)

Jeff

Good Evening,
All TM5 Relays hosted by us are on the brand new server dedicated for TM5.  Please post here if there are any troubles.

Jeff

Christi

Users of TM5, how has the new server been working today?

Christi

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Quote from: Christi on May 28, 2021, 08:04:43 pmUsers of TM5, how has the new server been working today?

Christi
I think they have been quite stable today. The sessions on my PC have been running all day last I looked. I'm quite happy.

Jeff

Good to know Bruce, Thanks!  You will see a bump in a few minutes so we can update the code.

Jeff

Jeff

Espeefan1973

I'm still waiting for my account to get approved to log in to TM5

Jeff

Quote from: Espeefan1973 on May 28, 2021, 11:40:53 pmI'm still waiting for my account to get approved to log in to TM5

Hi There, I think it takes about 3-5 days after you complete all the registration steps.  Joseph will then email you with your information.

Jeff

Espeefan1973

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Looks really good for the new TM5 Relay server.  My PC has had two sessions of TM5 running since 0600 PHX time and they are still active and up to date.  Well done RailFanAz.  Now on to Christi's Beta layout.

Jeff

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!