Copper Basin & Apache Help

Started by matt20, July 12, 2021, 09:12:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

matt20

Hello all, I will be visiting the area next month and I have a few questions.  When does the Copper Basin interchange with the UP, I've looked everywhere and I cant seem to find any info.  Also I've read the thread on the Apache, and was wondering if the Tuesday, and Thursday info for a run is still the case.  Thanks for any help!

Jeff

Welcome @matt20 to our site, glad to have you aboard.

For Apache, I believe they are Tuesdays/Thursdays still, with a run up to Holbrook.  The best bet with them is to call them up and explain you are a railfan and they have been pretty good providing up to date scheduling when you are down here. I have called them a few times and they were always really friendly over the phone and even in person.  Easy to take roster shots when they are getting their locomotives ready at the office.

For Copper Basin, that is a good question.  Between the Telegraph Fire that just got contained last week and I heard there was some type of strike going on at the mines a few months ago..  Hopefully we have some here that might now more.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager for RailFanAZ.com Sites:
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow, Joseph City, and Albuquerque.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Mesa, Tucson, Kolb, Vail, and Benson.
- BNSF/UP: Daggett, Phelan.

Jeff

July 12, 2021, 12:44:18 pm #2 Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 04:44:05 pm by Jeff
I just called over to their office (Apache).  Best days are Wednesdays and Fridays (at least right now).

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow, Joseph City, and Albuquerque.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Mesa, Tucson, Kolb, Vail, and Benson.

matt20

Jeff

Quote from: matt20 on July 12, 2021, 03:36:11 pmthanks for the help!

You are welcome.  Hope someone has more info on the Copper Basin  :)

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!