New Project - Gallup, NM

Started by Christi, July 13, 2021, 01:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Christi

July 13, 2021, 01:55:28 am Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 01:57:55 am by Christi
Good Morning All,
We have a new host from Gallup, NM.  This site is the Culture Center/Amtrak Station in Gallup, NM.  They just East of the Gallup Yard.

Here is what we need to bring this site online:
Dell PC @ $150
Keyboard, Mouse kit for PC @ $20
WiFi @ $20
Heavy Duty Surge (6k) @ $20
PreAmp/Ground @ $25
2x SDRs @ $75
N Adapter @ $10
VHF Whip Antenna @ $15
Comet KP-20 @ $140
USB Cables for SDRs @ $11
J-Pole for Comet KP-20 @ $22

Total if completed on 07/18 with other sites (Minus Donations) = $247 Needed.
Total if completed after 07/18 (Minus Donations) = $397 Needed.

*We are unsure if 07/18 is doable depending on when we can get the equipment and HOST availability.

Questions, please let me know.  Thanks everyone for their support!  :)
Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager for RailFanAZ.com Sites:
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow, Joseph City, and Albuquerque.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Mesa, Tucson, Kolb, Vail, and Benson.
- BNSF/UP: Daggett, Phelan.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Donation made for this project and then if any left over, to meet any needs you and Jeff deemed necessary.  Thanks very much for your efforts.

Christi

Thank you so very much @DDA40Xfan_Bruce, we got the equipment ordered and most of it should be here by Thursday.  We will keep this thread updated as a timeline.

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
- BNSF: Newberry Springs, Goffs, Lake Havasu, Kingman, Walapai, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff, Winslow, Joseph City, and Albuquerque.
- UP: Yuma, Fortuna, Tacna, Maricopa, Casa Grande, Mesa, Tucson, Kolb, Vail, and Benson.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Great, glad you can those items that quickly.  Happy to help get another RailfanAZ site up and online. Thank you Christi for the update.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

I'm reposting what I put on the Belen Project page why I supported getting Gallup ATCS available.  If some visit this page and wonder why Gallup, I hope these reasons I did this help explain my motivations.  This was in response to if the Gallup yard is getting used:

I would believe so as several things occur there that would require yard space.
BNSF adds DPUs to WB trains there for the climbs of the grades.  So there would be at least yard space used to park them.  The trains being added to may be pulled into the yard to accomplish that.
BNSF has pulled steel coils off trains at Gallup to create a unit steel train U-GUPBAR. It may take several days to accumulate the loads.
BNSF has made up trains for Phoenix, they are autoracks as I recall, too early to recall the symbol.

If I railfan there, I would hope to catch some of that.

Christi

Thanks @DDA40Xfan_Bruce for the information about Gallup.
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Update.  The host is willing to do an AudioFeed for Gallup Yard, BNSF Road and Amtrak.  One issue we will be working out is the following: 2.5 foot adobe wall!  The host is going to look for access tomorrow. In the meantime, we are most likely going to get a TRAM 1400 for the VHF to get the best reception for Audio.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Christi

Tentative Date for Gallup Install is the 25th.

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

We will post tomorrow after talking with the host.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Sunday, the 25th is a go.  For this project, we will be taking the Mesa ATCS and AudioFeed offline to use for this site.  We will bring it back up when we can purchase the replacement equipment for it.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Pray that everyone has a safe journey and that all goes well with the install.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on July 25, 2021, 12:42:19 pmPray that everyone has a safe journey and that all goes well with the install.

Thanks Bruce.  So far we ran into a snag, just bought some hardware to make this work from Home Depot.  Hopefully soon.

The Scanner Apps have been updated for the new AudioFeed.  :)

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

I tried TM5 now that Gallup is live and enjoyed seeing the intermediate area between Winslow and Belen.  Hope we can get more yard info into the layouts like Belen.  I will research what I can.  On site visit may be necessary.  Road trip!  ;D

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Good day Jeff & Christi,

This morning I have seen CP E Houck, Cheto and W Coronado. On the Belen layout and Seligman.  Fun stuff.

I restarted TM5 for the Gallup Sub but not getting data now, if you could look at that please.

Have a great rest of the week.

Bruce

Jeff

Hi Bruce,   :)
Just checked and TM5 should be good.  Can you please try again.

Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

July 27, 2021, 05:31:31 pm #15 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:35:25 pm by DDA40Xfan_Bruce Reason: Additional info
Thanks Jeff for the reply,

I was trying with my Chromebook, and I have suspicioned it.  I did a clear the cache in Chrome but no data appears on the layout. 

So I went to my Windows laptop and got the same results in Chrome.  So I tried Edge and still no data on the layout.

I went upstairs my PC that was working this morning.  TM5 for Gallup was still connected and showing data being posted.  I went back out, logged in again, restarted the Gallup layout and got data to show.

The one's without data show a status of 0 of 1 ATCS Connection Active.  I have seen it show 2 of 2.  Did Trainmon implement a connection max per layout?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. seems to affect Gallup.  For Seligman it shows 2 of 2 connections.

Bruce

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

July 27, 2021, 05:40:29 pm #16 Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:43:54 pm by DDA40Xfan_Bruce
Hey Jeff,

I closed the connection for the Gallup layout on the PC that had been working.  I did a Restart Monitoring on my Chromebook and quickly got data to show on the layout.  Looks like Gallup layout has a connection limit.

Bruce

P.S. I tried to reconnect with my upstairs PC and now it shows 0 of 1 Connections.  It also closed my Chrome session to the Seligman Sub on the same machine, it was also working good.

Jeff

I see the issue Bruce, looks like Chrome is not clearing the connection.  There is a Max of 3 Connections per IP address per Relay.  You had all 3 connections logged, I changed the server to allow 5 connections per IP address per relay.  Relays have been reset too.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thank you for your assistance.  I'm willing to try further if that helps you.  I can close all my browsers and see it that number drops to 0.  I'm bad about leaving browser sessions open all over the place to help find stuff.  My phone has 60 Chrome tabs.

Jeff

You are welcome Bruce.  Let's see how it goes with this new setting.  We would hate for you to change for something that we have bandwidth for.  :)

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Certainly appreciate y'alls customer service.  I have to remember at times I don't have a bank of servers with status screens showing to get instant access to data.  ;D  I recommend RailfanAZ at every moment I can on the chats. 

Have a good evening to you and your family.

Bruce

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!