Squelch activations at Belen

Started by DDA40Xfan_Bruce, August 26, 2021, 07:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Hey Jeff,
While listening to Belen Terminal radio tonight there was a lot of squelch activations.  Typically every few seconds.  There was lightning nearby, but it didn't seem to coincide with what I saw on the camera.  Heard on both audio channels.  Sometimes together, often separately.  Static discharges caused by winds?

Thanks.

Christi

Hi Bruce,
Let me check it out.

Christi

Hi again Bruce,
I made some small adjustments.  Hope that helps.

Christi

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thank you Christi.  Less frequent, still hearing some.

Prayers for your family, 2nd grandson confirmed with COVID.  1st got over it in a day.

Christi

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on August 26, 2021, 07:56:12 pmThank you Christi.  Less frequent, still hearing some.

You are welcome, I can try a little more.

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on August 26, 2021, 07:56:12 pmPrayers for your family, 2nd grandson confirmed with COVID.  1st got over it in a day.

Thank you Bruce! Hope the grandson has a full recovery as well.  Prayers go out to him.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thank you. Have a good night.

Christi

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on August 26, 2021, 08:16:52 pmThank you. Have a good night.

You are welcome!  I made a few more adjustments..  Have a good night as well.

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Have not heard that issue so far this morning, since about 05:30.

Jeff

Hi Bruce,
One thing we didn't mention is the following, on sites that have SDRs are our RadioFeed source, we remote in and fine tune on the signal and squelch as the weather changes.  :)

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thanks Christi and Jeff,

Sounding very solid again today.  Great you have that capability.  I've viewed a few videos about SDR's in Amateur Radio, sounds like a lot of capability there also.

Have a good weekend.  Got more COVID in the family, so pray y'all are safe.

Jeff

You are welcome Bruce, the nice thing about SDRs.  :)  We use Simon's SDR Console (https://www.sdr-radio.com/download) and Eugene Muzychenko's Full version of Virtual Audio Cable (https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/download.htm) to pipe the Audio from SDR Console to ATCS and the RadioFeed software.

You have a good weekend as well and Prayers go out to you and your family on a full recovery of this bug.

Jeff

Christi

Hi Bruce, Thanks for the feedback and also Prayers go out to the Family.

Christi

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

Can you check Belen, I don't I've heard NMRX dispatcher for some time.  Both Amtrak's are at ABQ now.  I'm hearing BNSF just fine, both channels.  No rush, just wondering.

Jeff

Jeff

Made some adjustments.  Let us know how that works.

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Just heard NMRX DS talk to Amtrak #4.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on August 28, 2021, 02:30:27 pmJust heard NMRX DS talk to Amtrak #4.

Cool, how was the sound?  I was already logged out of the PC at the time and didn't adjust it.

Jeff

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Quality was good.  Didn't hear the train.  DS chastised someone on the channel for talking over her.  Reminded me of my days on police radio with "Gravel Gerty".  She was tough on us rookies, but count on her to save your life!

This site is FREE of charge. However, the development and maintenance of this site, Remote Systems and RoboFoamer takes a significant amount of time to put together and maintain, with raising ISP and Server Costs as well. If you like what you see please help support our site by making a donation. Enjoy and Thank you for all your continued support!

Please note that your donations to RailFanAZ.com are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!