Find us on:
Find us on YouTube - RailFan Arizona

Santa Fe Southern (New Train Weekend)

Started by Jeff, November 30, 2021, 05:31:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Good Morning @Yard Limit

Are you planning on doing a video on the Santa Fe Southern's new train this weekend?  I heard that they will be running out of Santa Fe doing Christmas trains?  If you plan on going to Lamy can you maybe mention the improvements they have did?  From what I have heard, the Legal Tender is open again and I understand the depot has been painted and the park next to the depot has been cleaned up?

Thanks again for all your very useful information about this Short Link in New Mexico.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Yard Limit

Excursions start on Dec 3, out of Lamy and we will be there.  On Dec 4 they will be departing Santa Fe but I'm not sure we're going to get that one. 
I will definitely shoot video of the depot and the train this Friday.  The Legal Tender has been open since October although we haven't eaten there. 
Thomas

Jeff

Thanks Thomas, Looking forward to it.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Yard Limit

I won't be shooting the Dec 4 excursion because it starts at 5PM and it's dark then.  However, they will have to reposition the equipment from Lamy and I'll try to catch that. 
Thomas

Roger

Oh Cool!  I never thought this was ever going to come, cant wait to see what coverage you can get!

roger

Wheelslip

Looking forward to the video. Did the cafe in the depot open?  I believe it is called the El Ortiz?  Is the pub open in the old baggage room?  If time permits could you shoot the interior of the depot?  I hear the depot was repainted too.  A tour of the park would be nice too.  Thanks,

Slip

john r

Yard Limit

I'll have enough time to check out the cafe and the depot including taking some video or pictures. 
Thomas

Yard Limit

The train looked great and the Ortiz Cafe will open mid January.
Thomas

Jeff

Awesome Train!  Thanks for getting out there to share this with everyone.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Yard Limit

Thomas

Wheelslip

Yard Limit, Thanks for doing the video.

Slip

Christi

Awesome Video and Documentary Thomas! 

Christi
Christi Rossi