Fort Dodge ATCS Server Project (Iowa)

Started by Jeff, January 05, 2022, 06:31:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

January 05, 2022, 06:31:22 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 06:33:07 pm by Jeff
If you would like to help out with this project in Fort Dodge, Thomas Hogan is the owner and you can find the details below:

From the GoFundMe page
Steel Highway is fundraising for a Fort Dodge ATCS server. Coverage will include the west end of the Canadian National Waterloo Sub, from Tara to Lake Oley as well as the interlocking with Union Pacific at Tara. Train movements monitored will include Canadian National trains operating through Fort Dodge, as well as trains destined for or returning from the Omaha and Cherokee Subs. Union Pacific trains moving across the Tara interlocking will also be visible. The fundraising goal is $600, which will purchase a basic ATCS server setup. If the fundraising goal is surpassed, better equipment will be purchased in an attempt to monitor the siding at Duncombe as well. Thank you in advance for your support!

https://gofund.me/75ae2cb6

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

john r

Hi! What areas are covered and do you know the antenna type or types they will use?

Jeff

QuoteFrom: Thomas Hogan
Date: Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Topic reply: Re: Fort Dodge ATCS Server Project (Iowa)
To: Jeff Rossi

Going to use an omni and cover 3 control points in the immediate Ft Dodge area - Tara, Chris and Lake Oley. If we surpass the fundraising goal I will get two yagi s and try to cover E/W duncombe as well.

Thank you
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

magicpoohbear

Is there an Windows ARM Version of the App?

Christi

Hi @magicpoohbear - For Windows 10 on ARM you would have to enable the x86 emulation to run ATCSMon. (from what I heard).

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

magicpoohbear

How would that work on a virtual Windows? I using an Apple Silicon with is an ARM Processor.

Christi

Quote from: magicpoohbear on February 15, 2022, 11:53:51 amHow would that work on a virtual Windows? I using an Apple Silicon with is an ARM Processor.

Let me ask a few friends and will get back to you.

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022