Winslow Camera Project!

Started by Jeff, March 29, 2022, 07:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hello all,

We got the okay from Allan to install a Live Feed Camera at the LaPosada.  Since the current PC has crapped out on us and we need to replace it. Since we are doing so, we are also going to install a Live Camera and stream it on YouTube and a new VHF antenna for RadioComms. The PC will need to be higher-end as we will be handling ATCS (while it is still alive), RadioFeed and a Live Camera.  The Radiofeed will be on the streaming apps (as it is currently), however, we will also integrate it within the YouTube Stream. The Camera will be a static camera, facing East toward CP East Winslow from the Amtrak Depot. We need funding assistance to make this possible.  The total cost of equipment and travel is about $700. Please note transactions have to be as a friend and under $600 each due to the new IRS requirement. Questions or Comments, please reach out to me via PM or on this post.  To PM me, please click on this link:  https://www.railfanaz.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=213

We will keep a running total here as we get close to the goal.

Thanks for all support!
Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

If you would like to donate, please follow this link:
http://railfanaz.com/SupportRailFanAZ.html

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

john r

will this be on VRF or what?

Jeff

March 30, 2022, 08:09:22 am #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 08:09:48 am by Jeff
Quote from: john r on March 30, 2022, 08:07:08 amwill this be on VRF or what?

Nope, when it was offered to the Winslow Site with VRF, the site denied it cause the funding was already difficult and staffing was an issue.  As stated the PC is dead out there and we might as well install a camera using our equipment.  Hope this helps!

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

ke4cpc

Nothing a big sledgehammer couldn't fix!!!

Jeff

Quote from: ke4cpc on March 30, 2022, 07:42:42 pmNothing a big sledgehammer couldn't fix!!!

Pretty big one!  :)

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

03/31/2022 Update:  We are at $250 of the $700 Goal. $450 remaining to reach the goal.

Thanks goes out to our supporters.  We can make this happen.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

GeoffM

Hi. I'd like to make a donation but from my company - is that possible with the stipulation of "as a friend"? California rail software LLC if it makes any difference.

While I'm at it, I don't understand the thing about ATCS going away (beyond natural upgrades). Usually there's a comment that PTC will mean ATCS will no longer be available, but isn't PTC already active on (at least) passenger routes that still have ATCS? Thanks for any explanations.

Jeff

Quote from: GeoffM on April 02, 2022, 10:25:00 amHi. I'd like to make a donation but from my company - is that possible with the stipulation of "as a friend"? California rail software LLC if it makes any difference.

While I'm at it, I don't understand the thing about ATCS going away (beyond natural upgrades). Usually there's a comment that PTC will mean ATCS will no longer be available, but isn't PTC already active on (at least) passenger routes that still have ATCS? Thanks for any explanations.

Hi There,
Thanks for the support, I believe that PayPalMe allows the option as a "Friend" to be selected.  Unfortunately we can't accept "Services" any longer.  For the ATCS/PTC thing, I will start another thread and link to it hear to better describe what is going on.

Hope that helps,
Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

GeoffM

Ok, I didn't quite understand the friend thing until I logged into my account. However, the screens were different from the screenshots you linked to so I hope it's right (shows as an option of "friends and family without purchase protection", or "services or goods"; I chose the former). Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks for the work you do.

Jeff

Quote from: GeoffM on April 02, 2022, 10:37:36 amOk, I didn't quite understand the friend thing until I logged into my account. However, the screens were different from the screenshots you linked to so I hope it's right (shows as an option of "friends and family without purchase protection", or "services or goods"; I chose the former). Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks for the work you do.

Looks like it worked, Thanks for the support! Paypal seems to change their screens all the time.  :) 
I am in the middle of writing the thread for the ATCS/PTC topic.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

GeoffM

Quote from: Jeff on April 02, 2022, 10:40:41 amPaypal seems to change their screens all the time.  :) 

Yeah :( I sell software via PayPal and whenever I need to change or check a setting it's in a different place under a different name, and what's more, their own documentation does not get obsoleted. So you search for "how to XXX" and it'll find a PayPal document that references a link that is no longer there. Drives me mad.

Thanks in advance for the upcoming PTC/ATCS topic.

Jeff

Quote from: ke4cpc on March 30, 2022, 07:42:42 pmNothing a big sledgehammer couldn't fix!!!

Hi @ke4cpc, Thank you for the donation for the "Sledgehammer"  :)

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

April 02, 2022, 10:55:46 am #13 Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:08:53 am by Jeff
Good Morning,
Here is the example Live Feed with RadioFeed Integration (Only DS side cause of our distance but kind of quiet today) that we plan on copying when installing at Winslow but looking at the tracks.

https://youtu.be/9rIa3ZEjfkw

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Update as of 04/02/2022
We are at $450 of the $700 Goal. $250 remaining to reach the goal.
Thanks goes out to our supporters.  We are almost there!

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Present sent for our friend Winslow. Hope to hear from them when possible.  Thanks to ALL to have helped get this done!

Jeff

Thanks @DDA40Xfan_Bruce - Great Present for our friend Winslow.  As of today, we have met the Goal.  Christi just ordered the final pieces of equipment and I will reach out the Allan for install date.

Thanks again to all of our supporters!

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Good Evening All,
The feed will be located here:
http://www.railfanaz.com/LiveRailCams/Index.html

and also made Public on YouTube.  Chat will be turned off until volunteers for moderators come along.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Christi

Thanks too all that supported this project.  We really appreciate the support.  We are planning on going Live on 04/17/2022.

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

Christi

All equipment is in and we are now testing it.  The Test Feed is located here.  Also, you will hear the UP Dispatcher from time to time.
https://youtu.be/LTqVCkDM2eI

Please let us know of your comments, feedback or questions.

Christi
Christi Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Support

Jeff

April 10, 2022, 05:06:33 pm #21 Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 05:06:45 pm by Jeff
For this week, we will be testing the equipment from our backyard before installing.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

April 10, 2022, 08:07:32 pm #22 Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:42:54 am by Jeff
It has come to our attention that Winslow Switch has no Ethernet ports.  We need to purchase a PoE Switch with uplink Cable.  We are planning on getting it off Amazon.  I am going to get a new one that is a grand total out the door at $70 from Amazon.  Please pass the word.  We will still be installing next weekend.  Thank you!
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Update: Installation rescheduled 04/16.  Please subscribe to our channel to know when we go Live!

https://www.youtube.com/c/RailFanArizona
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Good Morning,
We have stopped the testing and stream.  We will start packing the equipment up for install.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022