Gallup sub ATCS status

Started by DougJ, May 02, 2022, 08:38:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DougJ

Does anyone know if the BNSF Gallup sub between Adamana and Gallup East is still monitorable with conventional equipment (eg SDR and/or Maxtrac)? Thinking of a railfan trip up that way soon and wondering if its worth lugging monitoring gear.

Thanks

Doug J

Jeff

Quote from: DougJ on May 02, 2022, 08:38:46 pmDoes anyone know if the BNSF Gallup sub between Adamana and Gallup East is still monitorable with conventional equipment (eg SDR and/or Maxtrac)? Thinking of a railfan trip up that way soon and wondering if its worth lugging monitoring gear.

Thanks

Doug J

Yes Doug, it is still monitorable. We have a to make a trip to Gallup to see what happened to our server there.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

To support the possibility of a camera here, what can be done to support getting ATCS fully operational?  Really miss the radio audio from here.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on May 05, 2022, 01:33:08 pmTo support the possibility of a camera here, what can be done to support getting ATCS fully operational?  Really miss the radio audio from here.

Strange, it is like you knew.  I just left a message with my host at the Gallup Center to see what is going on and Christi is on the phone with Kingman. 

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DougJ

Jeff I still have a pair of SD9 radios if you need them. I go to Phoenix fairly often (I'm in Sierra Vista) and can drop them somewhere if you want them. Your efforts have really negated any need on my part for a complex mobile monitoring setup.

Doug

Jeff

The Gallup Server is back Online!
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Quote from: DougJ on May 05, 2022, 04:19:32 pmJeff I still have a pair of SD9 radios if you need them. I go to Phoenix fairly often (I'm in Sierra Vista) and can drop them somewhere if you want them. Your efforts have really negated any need on my part for a complex mobile monitoring setup.

Doug

I have been looking for SD9s for Bowie but been having a hard time trying to find a good price on eBay for them.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Quote from: Jeff on May 12, 2022, 02:10:41 pmThe Gallup Server is back Online!

Thanks so very much Jeff & Christi!

DougJ

I have been looking for SD9s for Bowie but been having a hard time trying to find a good price on eBay for them.

Jeff

So they're yours. They've been sitting on the shelf for a year or so. They have the coax adapter and power connectors with them. I have never programed them. If you want, send me a mail address or I'll be in Phoenix on 1-2 June for some Drs. appointments. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Doug J

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022
Powered by EzPortal