Tucson Cam and Phoenix Sub Corrections

Started by BNSF_8010, May 12, 2022, 02:34:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BNSF_8010

Hello Mr. Jeff, Mr. Louis, and all authority figures on this website,

I'd like to report a mistake with this:
https://www.railfanaz.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=27
to the site administration.

The MTUPX Freight Train and its inverse (MPXTU Freight Train) run twice daily each (allegedly).
Manifest from Tucson to Phoenix runs as:
1.  MTUPX
2.  MTUPXB

This is also true for its "twin" in the opposite direction:
1. MPXTU
2. MPXTUB

So the list should read:
MHNPX Herington, KS - Phoenix, AZ daily
MPXTU Phoenix, AZ - Tucson, AZ daily
MPXTUB Phoenix, AZ - Tucson, AZ daily
MTUPX Tucson, AZ - Phoenix, AZ daily
MTUPXB Tucson, AZ - Phoenix, AZ daily
APXNGR Phoenix, AZ - Nogales, AZ as needed

I believe there is a unit inbound loaded autorack train as APXNGR is the outbound empty autorack deadhead bound for Nogales.

Add a category for the occasional grain train that does show up and please tell of its symbol, origin, and destination.
Also, I've heard that the MPXWC is back in service for the first time since 2018.
If anybody has data pertaining to this, could they kindly confirm if this is true or not?

Thanks!

Mr. Daniel

Jeff

Appreciate the Updates and will update that page later today.  You are correct, the MPXWC is back and is "As Needed".  My contact is trying to find out what would cause it to run.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

BNSF_8010

Thank you, sir.
Anyway, I'd like to know if I got the list of trains coming into Phoenix and their frequency correct?
I remember I read:
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,5030277

And it did mention MTUPXB

Also, I am aware that in 2020, Magma was abolished due to lack of traffic.
Also two more questions:

1. What trains run on the Phoenix Sub?
I assume:
Daily:
MTUPX
MTUPXB
MPXTU
MPXTUB
MHNPX
AAMPX

As Needed:
APXNGR
APXEPR
Grain Load
Grain Empty
MPXWC

Local:
LKK30

Also is my description of the Chandler Branchline around Pecos correct?

Originally Constructed in the 1910s, the Chandler Industrial Lead Branchline was once the mainline of the Southern Pacific Railroad from 1910-1960, when the mainline was relocated further west through Gilbert, intersecting with almost every road at a 45 degree angle. It starts at a Junction in Mesa near Baseline Railroad Crossing. The line heads almost directly south, passing the famous "Espee Park" named so in honor of the railroad that once served the town.

Today, Union Pacific's LKK30 Freight Train (The Chandler Local) runs as far south as a runaround siding at Chandler Heights Railroad Crossing. Customers served include a lumber yard and a cement factory. Some local customers have discontinued rail service, leaving 84 Lumber Yard and Cemex Inc as the only two customers that the train serves.

Until 2015, the train would continue south, passing Hunt Hwy Railroad Crossing and taking a near 45 degree turn and continuing along what was once the mainline towards a two-ended siding at Ramona Farms (Dock, AZ) where they would switch freight cars, at a local pesticide company.

In 2015, the Native American farmers terminated the contract with the pesticide factory with decomissioning complete by March 2016. December 2016 saw a single train trip there to begin clean up operations with the last known rail activity happening in February-March 2017. The site was razed as of April 2018 and the line south of Hunt Hwy sits abandoned. Between 1910 and 1960, the track used to skirt the southern side of Mt. Rock Peak and continued winding through the desert until it turned almost perfectly south at a junction north of Coolidge where it meets up with the current mainline.

The rails south of Dock, AZ were removed in the 1960s but the old trackbed is still clearly visible from satelite images.

In 2019, Gold Canyon Candle went out of business and the tracks South of Riggs haven't seen use since then. The local runs no further than Chandler Heights and sometimes turns even further north at Pecos siding, and therefore does not pass the railroad museum every day.

LKK30 has to serve both the mainline to queen creek and the branchline to Chandler. If they serve Chandler in the morning, then they will arrive at queen creek in the afternoon. The inverse is also true.

Do you happen to know Mr. Brandon, Mr. Jim, and Mr. Rene?
They're known as the Chandler Local Trio.

Brandon is the Conductor
Jim is the Engineer
Rene is the Brakeman

They know me, Austyn, Louis, and some other railfans on this site.

Jeff

Quote from: BNSF_8010 on May 12, 2022, 02:34:31 pmHello Mr. Jeff, Mr. Louis, and all authority figures on this website,

I'd like to report a mistake with this:
https://www.railfanaz.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=27
to the site administration.

The MTUPX Freight Train and its inverse (MPXTU Freight Train) run twice daily each (allegedly).
Manifest from Tucson to Phoenix runs as:
1.  MTUPX
2.  MTUPXB

This is also true for its "twin" in the opposite direction:
1. MPXTU
2. MPXTUB

So the list should read:
MHNPX Herington, KS - Phoenix, AZ daily
MPXTU Phoenix, AZ - Tucson, AZ daily
MPXTUB Phoenix, AZ - Tucson, AZ daily
MTUPX Tucson, AZ - Phoenix, AZ daily
MTUPXB Tucson, AZ - Phoenix, AZ daily
APXNGR Phoenix, AZ - Nogales, AZ as needed

I believe there is a unit inbound loaded autorack train as APXNGR is the outbound empty autorack deadhead bound for Nogales.

Add a category for the occasional grain train that does show up and please tell of its symbol, origin, and destination.
Also, I've heard that the MPXWC is back in service for the first time since 2018.
If anybody has data pertaining to this, could they kindly confirm if this is true or not?

Thanks!

Mr. Daniel

Updating the page now, had a few things happen that slowed this down.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

My contact just got back to me this evening.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

BNSF_8010

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022