Flagstaff Wide Area Radio feed

Started by DDA40Xfan_Bruce, September 21, 2022, 04:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

@Jeff @tferk Any objections if I post the link to the new radio feed on the VRF chat?

Jeff

No Objections Here.  @tferk are you good with it?
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Jeff could you check on the radio please?  Haven't heard a thing all day.  Winslow has been great.

Jeff

Strange.  I have been listening most of the day and have had transmissions, unless I am listening to the wrong one. I will check.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

I'm using the webpage, haven't heard it break squelch.

Jeff

Looks good on the Flagstaff End.  Let me check the website.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Ah. Flagstaff West is offline, which somehow your connected to that one.  I will reach out to the host.

Maybe I gave you the wrong on link?

http://www.railfanaz.com/AudioFeeds/WideArea-Flagstaff.html

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

That's what I had before, don't know how it switched.   Bad mojo maybe.  Thanks

Jeff

Technology...  ;D  Not sure but wondering if West Flagstaff site is even needed since this new one online.  I have not had a chance to listen to it much to see what is all heard. I have heard Darling and some type of activity but not sure where it was from.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Just heard the crew talking to dispatch about coming out and heading East out of Purina. Where is Purina again? @tferk @DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

tferk

Purina is on the east side of Flagstaff, just east of the US 89 exit on I-40.  It is the 61 Local (LSWE0061) coming out to head back east.  On Tues and Thurs 61 leaves Winslow and makes a turn to Purina, moving outbounds from Flagstaff and Drake.  The other days it works east of Winslow.
Ted Ferkenhoff
Flagstaff, AZ

Jeff

Quote from: tferk on September 22, 2022, 06:08:46 pmPurina is on the east side of Flagstaff, just east of the US 89 exit on I-40.  It is the 61 Local (LSWE0061) coming out to head back east.  On Tues and Thurs 61 leaves Winslow and makes a turn to Purina, moving outbounds from Flagstaff and Drake.  The other days it works east of Winslow.

Thanks Ted.  Just trying to get a feel of the coverage.  I have never been out there long enough so getting used to the area.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Hearing quite a lot of static tonight Jeff.  There are thunderstorms to the south.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on September 23, 2022, 07:49:40 pmHearing quite a lot of static tonight Jeff.  There are thunderstorms to the south.

Added a little Squelch.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Been listening for a couple hours when I can keep the stream running. Have not heard anything so far. I checked to make sure I am on the Wide Area feed.

Jeff

Quote from: DDA40Xfan_Bruce on September 27, 2022, 07:52:59 pmBeen listening for a couple hours when I can keep the stream running. Have not heard anything so far. I checked to make sure I am on the Wide Area feed.

Checking.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

I've run the player a couple times today.  Last time for 1 hr 20 min.  Haven't heard a thing. Have Winslow on my other tablet and heard radio traffic there.  Could be just no traffic.  Ethanol train stopped at E Flagstaff.  Any thoughts?

Jeff

Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

I didn't see anything wrong at the site level, so to be sure, I went ahead and rebooted the server at the location. Should be back up in a few minutes.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

Jeff

The host said all looks good, however, something is not right. We need to troubleshoot more of the issue.  Signal Noise and Level pretty much stay flatline.

Jeff
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster

DDA40Xfan_Bruce

Thank you Jeff, was going to let you know I was listening but train traffic has been light too.  Also trying the PHX Sub audio stream, Diana said not much going on out there.

RailFanAZ.com | SouthWest - Content © Respective Members 2011-2022