Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

LKK48

Started by Buckeye Local, December 13, 2018, 09:27:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye Local

December 13, 2018, 09:27:40 am Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:28:52 am by Buckeye Local
 Since about mid summer I've noticed the LKK48 (Buckeye-Tolleson-Buckeye) has only been running with one Locomotive. Is this something new UP is doing with locals?  Has anyone else seen locals running with only one locomotive.

Roger

UP has been changing it up a lot.  Last I heard from a friend of mine on the UP is that One Locomotive Locals are very common if they are on a branch line or a line that does not have much main traffic.  There will be times when they will send a 2nd locomotive for the local for future increase volume or the other locomotive is getting ready to go to the shop for it's inspection.

Jeff

The Mesa and Casa Grande locals have only one locomotive.  Also, just within the last month - the Yuma to Roll and back to Yuma has been running with one locomotive, except on a heavy grain load, they will use a SD70M instead of the GP38-3.
Jeff Rossi
RailFanAZ.com Webmaster
ATCS Server Manager:
- BNSF Seligman Sub (Kingman, Crozier, Williams, Parks, West Flagstaff, East Flagstaff and Winslow).
- UP Eastern Yuma, Gila, Phoenix, and Western Lordsburg Subs (Yuma, Fortuna, Casa Grande, Mesa and South Tucson).

Please note that your donations are not tax-deductible.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!